Monday, November 24, 2008

Ahhh! Our newest addition that officially makes us a family of five. Scary! Kylee Sue Robertson born September 30th 2008. She was 8 lbs. 6 ounces and 21 inches.
Mom and Kylee doing very well after only 4 hours of labor.

Kylee was having her first photo shoot with Grandma Doris and the beautiful blanket that Grandma crocheted for her.
The Robertson family. This was the fastest labor I have ever had. My water was broken and 1pm and Kylee was here at 5pm. Unfortunately my epidural did not take and then I had to have another short term type of epidural. This one worked and was wonderful. However the following day I got a really bad headache. Which later I found out is a side effect of an epidural, a spinal headache. I can't even explain how painful this headache is. So I had to have a spinal blood patch to replace the lost spinal fluid. It worked for a day then the headaches came back. Fortunately my mom was here because I was pretty much flat on my back for about a week until my body replenished the spinal fluid on its own. Worst headache ever but I would do an epidural again. Labor pain was much worse!


2 comments:

jenhatch said...

4 hours?! Are you kidding me!??! That is SO not even fair. But I think I'd take a longer labor then those massive headaches. YIKES! Makes me not want to get an epidural this go round. K... maybe not! ;)

SO cool that you're blogging now. I've got one but it's private. Email me and let me know if you want an invite... I'm not going to assume that you want to read all about me and my little family.

We're having our 3rd baby the end of January, a little girl. So I'm feelin huge and can't wait to get even bigger with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up! ;)

LOVE the blog! It's so much fun to keep up with everyone this way!

The Jardine's said...

You did a great job on your blog! I'm so gald to see you are blogging- now I can keep up with you guys better! And look at Peyton's Hair!!! I'm so jealous-our girls got the short end of the stick with hair:) You guys look so happy and great! We miss you terribly!